Brands Must Nurture and Develop
In order to Succeed
Brand value is very much like an onion. It has layers and a core. The core is the user who will stick with you until the very end." - Edwin Artzt
2011 Branding Focal Points. How to Create Brand Advocates.
(Kudos to BrandStrategyInsider for the guts of this list)
1. Learn everything about your customers.
2. Stand for something important to your customers.
3. Interact with your customers. They are your partners. Respect them.
4. Grow with your current customers. Meet more and more of their needs.
5. Innovate. Don’t rest on your laurels. Anticipate your customers’ needs.
6. Become adept at social media. Know that it is not the “end all” in marketing,
7. Know that mass marketing is gone forever.
8. Outstanding service is the “cost of entry” today. Deliver it consistently.
9. Don’t forget about your customer facing employees.
10. Have fun in what you do. Love your work. Enthusiasm is contagious
• CEO leadership & support
• Distinctive corporate culture that supports brand promise
• Ability to obtain support from a broad spectrum of employees
• Alignment of brand messages across functions
• Strength of brand identity system
• Effective use of visuals/imagery
• Ability to capture the brand in a slogan
As you move forward in building your brand, keep these points in mind:
• Awareness, relevant differentiation, emotional connection, value, and accessibility drive brand insistence.
• Creating awareness is the first step in building a strong brand.
• Strive to maximize brand impressions and accessibility.